These are some frequently asked questions to help prepare for this breathtaking ride:
How high does it go? The Saber Tooth pulls riders 130 ft. into the air.
How fast does it go? Riders will be going about 33 mph on the way down.
Is there an age or height limit? There is no age limit, but there is a height requirement. The minimum height is 42 inches. Riders 42 inches to 47 inches must be accompanied by an adult .
What is the weight limit? The maximum weight is 300 lbs. for an individual or 450 lbs. combined for two riders.
Is it handicap accessible? Yes, however all legs must be present to the knee. Prosthetics are not allowed on the ride.
Can I share a seat or bring a baby? NO. The carts are designed for one person per seat with the minimum height requirement. Sharing seats is not permitted.
Are there medical restrictions? People with the following conditions should NOT ride The Saber Tooth:
- Expectant mothers
- Persons with neck or back problems
- Persons with heart conditions
- Persons with high blood pressure
- Persons who have had recent surgery
- Persons with any impairment that would prevent normal seating.
How much does it cost? Single ride $12 + tax per person
- Purchase a cave tour and a ride to get a $2 discount per person
- Unlimited rides one day (Rider must get off at the end of the ride and go the end of the line in between rides) $30 + tax per person
What about the weather? The Saber Tooth cannot operate during thunderstorms or if winds are over 33 mph. If we hear thunder or see lightning, the ride will be closed until at least 20 minutes after the storm has passed.
Can I take my camera, food drinks, purse, etc? No loose items are permitted. We have a storage container to keep all items in while riding. Flip flops need to be removed before taking the ride.
Is it safe? The restraint system consists of 2 belts over the lap. Riders cannot unlatch the restraints during the cycle. The ride will not operate if restraints are latched incorrectly.